With nearly 32,000 members in more than 110 countries, the APS is the largest, non-profit organization for stamp collectors in the world. Founded in 1886, the APS serves collectors, educators, postal historians, and the general public by providing a wide variety of programs and services.
The Society is entirely supported by membership dues, gifts, and the sale of publications, souvenirs, and services.
- to promote stamp collecting for people of all ages
- to offer services to its membership and to philately in general, including knowledge and education, which enhance the pleasure and friendliness of stamp collecting
- to initiate and coordinate new programs for the benefit of stamp collecting and of all collectors
- to represent the United States of America in the world body of philately
- to assist its members in acquiring and disposing of philatelic materials
More About the Society